Sunday, February 1, 2009

City Center of Galway

The hostel that I am staying at is in the city center, so many things are very accessible from here. Erye Square is an area within the city center with many shops & pubs, when I arrived on Saturday afternoon it was a very bustling place.

I have been searching for some form of transportation; bicycle, moped, and have found a place with bicycles, so I will most likely get one for a day or so. I have opted to participate in a hiking tour that will be through The Burrens & Cliffs of Moher, I will see if I can get that schedule for Monday or Tuesday and possibly go out to one of the isles for a day as well.

The phrase of the day "Do you want that to "take away or to stay"", instead of "to go or to eat-in".

This morning I took a good walk out to a spot called Salthill and South Park, which is the point at which the a small river (that flows thru Galway) flows into the Galway Bay, it was a nice breezy walk, which ended up with me eating a Feta Cheese & Sundried Tomato Crepe (yum). Lots of crepes here, lots of crepes in my belly, veggie, feta-tomato, apple-almond, chocolate; I may be putting on weight.

This afternoon, I will head to the Lisheen Pub to listen to some traditional & folk music.

Here are some photos of Galway & Salthill
Galway City Center & Salthill


Here's a map of Galway

View Larger Map

1 comment:

Lil' Brother said...

Oh man... what a great journey to be following. The photos have been great too, especially the sailboat. Keep us "shut-in country folks" updated and cheers!