Sunday, February 1, 2009

Music in Galway

I have been to three venues with live music, the best was Tig Cioli with an afternoon of traditional Irish music. The musicians were just streamin' in and taking turns in the circle, flutes, accordions, drums, fiddles, and singing. The singing was performed solo by a couple of different persons. Everyone in the pub enjoyed what they heard and the musicians were having a fabulous time, there was no rush to play songs with about five minutes between songs.

I went to the Kings Head Tavern tonight and the band there was not one that I would have listened to for very long, but I kept thinking that I should give them an opportunity to get in a groove, but they were only playing covers and it is so very hard to get the patrons flowing with the band's selection of music and the band must have the presence to pull it together. Anyway, they tired and I appreciate the effort.

No comments: